Since I married my husband in 2008, I’ve been making a home-cooked Irish meal for St. Patrick’s Day every year. Hopefully, my little picky eater will try it this year. Previously, I thought she might be too young to appreciate it’s salty taste.
We shop at Publix, but most any grocery store chain sells corned beef brisket with the seasoning packets included. Here’s a link to their online recipe as well as a list below of the ingredients you’ll need to buy tonight in order to put it on in the crockpot in the morning.
Ingredients You’ll Need To Purchase or Already Have
- 4 or 5 lb corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 1 medium onion
- 3 large carrots
- 2 lb red potatoes (about 6)
- 2 (12oz) bottles of dark beer or 24 oz other liquid such as apple juice
- The Publix recipe doesn’t include cabbage, but I cut a head of cabbage into quarters and add it to mine. (What’s an Irish dish without cabbage?)
- Also, fresh chopped parsley is a nice touch to make your holiday dinner special
Although, I am a stay at home mom now, I still cook like I did while working in the corporate world. I’ve found that I have even more things to do and it’s harder to stay organized when you put a child or children into the mix.
So stay tuned for more easy recipes and write to me if you make this corned beef brisket. I’d love to hear how yours turns out!
For future crockpot cooking, check out the links for crockpots available on Amazon.com